East meets west, Modern era meets historic days, Industrialization in a kingly land! Wondering what I am referring to? Let me give you guys some more hints
The abode of the reclining Buddha
The chimes of the prayer wheels
A crimson hue to the river side ruins
Of age old tales that a palace sings
Just a stroll in the temple of dawn
And the peace at the Wat Phra Kaew
Where Chao Phraya guides you to pagodas around
And where a museum is also forensic bound
The wonder of today and legacy of past
That is my current fascination, Guess it fast!
Well for those who guessed it, Yay! And those who didn’t, don’t worry I was just talking about the Venice of the East - Bangkok!
Okay, to be very frank, I have developed this sudden fascination for Bangkok, thanks to AirAsia’s - World’s Best OnlineTravel Fair, where in they have amazing and very tempting travel plans for this very destination. But then if you have to travel, you need to know the place well right? Know where you want to go and what places to see, cause world is a beautiful place and a place like Bangkok just has too many amazing places in the must see zone. So if not planned well the trip to such an enchanting location might also turn out to be a disaster. Thus I started with my travel research because my mind either is uninterested or obsessed about what I come up with, and this has become my obsession for now. I had a cousin who worked in Bangkok some years back and have a couple of friends who have been there for vacations recently. So after accumulating the information from all the experienced parties I have come up with this list of the ‘10 Must See Places in Bangkok’.
- Wat Arun or Temple
of Dawn –
- Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace – Another significant tourist spot of Bangkok is the
- Wat Pho-
- Wat Mahathat Yuwaratrangsarit – It is one of the 10 royal temples of Thailand and is yet another marvel of the Ayuthaya period. The Wat is less pompous in appearance in comparision to the other Wats but is never the less famous for its alley of Buddha, which has about 100 Buddha idols. It is also the seat of Thailand’s oldest Monk university and is now has a proper college university as well.
- Dusit Palace Complex –
- The Siriraj Medical Museum –
- Safari World –
- River Cruise in Chao Phraya or more aptly The Ayuthaya River Cruise
- Canal Hopping
in the Bangkok Khlongs –
- Siam Paragon Shopping Centre – Let the shopaholic in you rise and make merry. This is the hub of shopping in Bangkok and anything and everything areana. Also the famous Siam Ocean world is right here.
Well you know where to go now and how is fairly easy – Book a ticket and fly to the India outside India. I helped you in the where part and AirAsia can help you in the How part, so pack you bags and make way to the amazing land of Bangkok!
PS: This post has been written AirAsia's World's Best Online Travel Fair.
Picture courtesy Google.